Learn about being green through a variety of hands-on learning stations – topics include:
- Composting with Worms & Backyard Composting – featuring COMPOST MAN!
- Energy Conservation
- Paper NOR Plastic: Sew your own reusable grocery bag
- Landfill Languish: How long does STUFF really stick around after we throw it away?
- Local Foods
- The Multi-Modal Corridor: Try out alternative transportation options such as longboarding (bring a helmet if you can!)
- All Aboard! The Alternative Transportation Station: Includes route maps & more
- Get fitted for a FREE bike helmet (while supplies last)
- It’s a PACKAGE DEAL: The Pacific Garbage Patch & overpackaged goods
- You could REUSE that! Sit down with the Girl Scouts & make a REUSABLE craft
- Modern Cloth Diapers – No Pins Required: View a variety of reusable diaper styles & try them on a “baby”
- Don’t Throw Away Your Leftovers! Learn about proper disposal of Household Hazardous Waste
- Choose to REUSE: Habitat for Humanity will “school you” on household renovation items you can donate for reuse
- Green Construction
- Recycling in Fergus Falls: Curb-Side & Beyond
- Tree City USA: The importance of caring for the trees in Fergus Falls
- Caring for our WATER: Use a stream model to learn about water quality
- Make Your Own Recycled Paper
- Close the Loop: What happens to our recyclables when they leave our home?
- Adaptive reuse options for the Kirkbride Building
Download as PDF Get Schooled On Green extended listing